Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Ford Transit 2017 speed limiter change?
Ford Transit 2017 speed limiter change?

2965 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-30 17:53:32

•   Level 4   
    (136) points
    Mex77
    2017-03-30 12:28:17
     Couldn´t remove the speed limiter (or change it) because 2 modules had the wrong VIN (says my Maxisys).
    It was steering wheel (SASM) and airbag system (RCM) but when i tried to update the VIN on them the airbag system update failed and the steering went OK.
    But still no change in the programming, same modules came up as incorrect VIN!?!?

•   Level 4   
    (136) points
    Mex77
    2017-03-30 12:50:45 (Reply to:Mex77)
     How do i perform the "ODST" (on demand self test) and how do i clear the "CMDTC" (continuous memory diagnostic trouble codes)?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-30 15:14:54 (Reply to:Mex77)

Hard codes won't clear and P1000 will be present until all OBD monitors have completed during drive cycles.
    Why do you or your customer have to be Speedy Gonzalez and try to remove the speed limiter on a brand new Ford work van that doesn't even belong to you 
    If I could I would lower the speed limiter to 70 MPH and have the steering module keep f@cking trucks and vans in the right lane where they belong.LMAO

•   Level 4   
    (136) points
    Mex77
    2017-03-30 16:30:36 (Reply to:witsend)

OBD monitors?

The speed limiter (100kph) is set according to seating capacity.

When you remove some seats, you can disable the speed limiter.

So the question is How to get around these problems that occurs when I try...?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-30 17:53:32 (Reply to:Mex77)

I think the speed limiter is set for a safety compromise somewhere below the speed rating of the tires to figure the van likely will be carrying a load or a couple rows of passengers with  tire pressures typically running a few psi below what they really should be run at ,typically driven hard by a under paid employee like like a stolen vehicle. Ford and most employers probably don't want work and shuttle vans driven in an abusive manner  let alone be cresting a hill and getting air at over 70mph with a pallet of ceramic tile or 10 passengers on board. LMAO.
     Maybe if the 2017 Ford van's engine is fully broken in , you are the owner of the van with an ID and have replaced the standard H rated tires with V rated tires and the dealer confirms it. They call and get an  authorization code, they can re-flash it cheap to give you the higher speed limiter rating, a new tire information  label  and PCM  reflash tag. With Autel's legal woes with Ford , I don't think Autel is going to give us a working option to raise the speed limiter on any new Ford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loh1PN1hRHY
  Total1 Pages